Sunday, October 05, 2003

Crow and Tom Servo could not be reached for comment.

Aaron points out a place where you can make your own space-based telescope. Turns out, though, that it's just a little model; it's not really a space-based telescope. Sigh.

For no reason, I'm suddenly reminded of a TV show that lasted for one season, back when I was a kid, called something like Salvage One. The story was that a guy who owns a junkyard, played by Andy Griffith (in between Mayberry and Matlock), decides to use all of the scrap in his yard to build a rocket to the moon. I seem to recall the capsule was built from the mixer on a cement truck.

And oh wow, looks like I'm not the only one who remembers that show - - it's got its own tribute site! And apparently you can make a model of the show's rocketship, too!

(If I have not just conclusively established my geek credentials for all time, I give up.)

No comments: