Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Alllll rright, let me hearrr ya....

I know that I'm not a Cubs fan, and I'm not rooting for them to win, mainly because I think Cubs fans are weirdos. (The ones outside Chicago or the Midwest, that is.) But I saw something, in the postgame celebration of their Game Five win over the Braves the other night, that I've been looking for a picture of and can't find anywhere. So if anyone can help me out, I'd be grateful.

You know how sports fans at stadiums make clever signs on bedsheets to display? There was one that the fans had decorated with longtime Cubs broadcaster Harry Caray's face, with the logo "Holy cow!" next to it. Caray was one of those "one of a kind" things in baseball, with his leading of the fans in singing "Take Me Out To the Ballgame" in the seventh-inning stretch, his undying love for his team, and the rather charming way he'd get drunk and be nearly incomprehensible in the late innings (and God help you if the game went to extra frames). I thought it incredibly classy that some Cubs fans thought to put his picture on one of those banners, and I'd love to have a picture of it.

No comments: