Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How about a version where they flood the theater with water?

James Cameron is working on a 3D version of Titanic, to be possibly released in 2012. This interests me, a little. I think that by then The Daughter just may be ready for that movie. She's already expressed interest in it, and knowing her tastes as I do, I do think she'd eat it right up. And I personally would not at all mind seeing it again on the big screen, as I've never understood the backlash against the film.

But...I'm not that terribly interested in seeing 3D movies. At all. I'm fine with good old 2D; give me a well-shot movie with a good story, and my head will fill in all the extra Ds. I don't need funky glasses, and I'm afraid I'll end up with a headache anyway. I hope that if Titanic does come back to the big screen, there's a concurrent 2D release of the original film, which is just fine for me.

(Oh wait...now that I think of it, there is one scene that might be kind of intriguing in 3D...and it has nothing to do with the ship sinking.)

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I LOVE 3D! I've seen only two movies in 3D, both animated. I'm not sure how well I'd like live action 3D but I want to give it a try at least once.

Call me Paul said...

I've never had any interest in Titanic at all. When my wife asks me why, I say, "I know how it ends."

Roger Owen Green said...

"now that I think of it, there is one scene that might be kind of intriguing in 3D...and it has nothing to do with the ship sinking" - oh, you naughty boy...

I don't much like 3D. I saw enough of Despicable Me and all of Toy Story 3. The only movie where it really worked was the otherwise not very good Fly Me To The Moon.

But I did not see Avatar; maybe Cameron 3-D is better.

BTW, it's Thursday.

Tonio Kruger said...

"Now that I think of it, there is one scene that might be kind of intriguing in 3D...and it has nothing to do with the ship sinking"

I wonder what scene you're referring to, Jaquandor. For some reason, I doubt it involves Billy Zane or Kathy Bates...

Patrick Connors said...

A version where they flood the theater with water? I've seen that version...

... of the original Karate Kid.

At an indoor theater in Tuscon, the roof started leaking badly during a summer thunderstorm. Wasn't leaking on us, and they kept the movie playing. That theater is long gone.