Monday, August 09, 2010

A Horrific Quiz

SamuraiFrog has this quiz, which I must do. It's kinda-sorta about horror movies.

1: In Ten Words or Less, Describe Your Blog:

Guy obsesses over overalls and Star Wars. Film at eleven.

2: During What Cinematic Era Where you Born?
A: The Classic Horror Era (late 30's to 40's)
B: The Atomic Monster/Nuclear Angst Era (the late 40's through 50's)
C: The Psycho Era ( Early 60's)
D: The Rosemary's Baby Era (Mid to Late 60's)
E: The Exorcism Era (Early to mid 70's)
F: The Halloween Era (Late 70's to Early 80's)
G: The Slasher Era (Mid to late 80's)
H: The Self Referential/Post Modern Era (1990 to 1999)


I was born in 1971, so I'm kind of right on the border between Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist.

3: The Carrie Compatibility Question:
(gay men and straight women - make your choice from section A)
A: Billy Nolan or Tommy Ross, who would you take to the prom?
(straight guys and lesbians - make your choice from section B)
B: Sue Snell or Chris Hargensen, who would you take to the prom?


I wouldn't go to the prom.

4: You have been given an ungodly amount of money, and total control of a major motion picture studio - what would your dream Horror project be?

Filming one of John Bellairs's books: The Curse of the Blue Figurine or The Treasure of Alpheus T. Winterborn would be good starting points.

5: What horror film "franchise" that others have embraced, left you cold?

I don't understand the point of the SAW movies, aside from some pretty creative ways of killing and/or maiming people. But I don't want to watch that, so fuhgeddaboudit.

6: Is Michael Bay the Antichrist?

Not while Sarah Palin and Tom Brady are around! (Bay stinks, though. What an awful filmmaker.)

7: Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Frankenstein Monster - which one of these classic villains scares you, and why?

Dracula, probably. Or vampires. Real vampires. Not those stupid sparkly fake-ass "vampires" from Twilight.

8: Tell me about a scene from a NON HORROR Film that scares the crap out of you:

My obvious answer is the same one that SamuraiFrog gave, so that's off the table. The abduction of Barry Guiler in Close Encounters of the Third Kind is an extremely effective scene.

9: Baby Jane Hudson invites you over to her house for lunch. What do you bring?

A pizza. Which I leave on her doorstep. And then run away, after ringing the doorbell one time.

10: So, between you and me, do you have any ulterior motives for blogging? Come, on you can tell me, it will be our little secret, I won't tell a soul.

One day someone will ask me the Right Question, and on that day, the world will end. Or something like that.

But seriously...no. I just like to say what's on my mind and write about stuff that interests me. It would be nice if the stuff that interested me interested more people, or if what I had to say about what interests me interested more people, but hey, them's the breaks.

11: What would you have brought to Rosemary Woodhouse's baby shower?

Cream pies and seltzer water, because there's gonna be some hijinks when that kid's born!

12: Godzilla vs The Cloverfield Monster, who wins?

If it's Japanese Godzilla, then Godzilla wins. If it's Devlin-and-Emmerich Godzilla, than the Cloverfield thing.

13: If you found out that Rob Zombie was reading your blog, what would you post in hopes that he read it?

I was once driving with a friend to a meeting for the company we worked for, and I had a CD of The X-Files on, and he said that parts of it reminded him of Rob Zombie's music. I know nothing about Rob Zombie's music, so I have no idea how accurate that is.

14: What is your favorite NON HORROR FILM, and why?

Star Wars. Duh.

15: If blogging technology did not exist, what would you be doing?

I'd probably still be on Usenet or the FSM boards. Shudder.

No comments: