Saturday, November 19, 2005

Ugh, part one

I meant to post some stuff today, but I just spent a couple of hours trying to do some fiddling with the template, and I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted, so I gave up and walked away from the computer for a while. What I was attempting to accomplish sounds simple: I wanted to swap the sidebar and the main posting area, but everything I tried ended up looking very, very bad and very, very wrong.

I'm not that emotionally invested in making this change, so if I can't figure it out, I probably won't bother. I do want to change the graphics around here a bit, though, since I've been sporting this general appearance here for close to two years now. As for the sidebar-swapping thing, I just thought that would be a nice change, but as I noted, I couldn't figure out what I was doing with the HTML to get it right. I could just go with a whole new template and then re-engineer that, but that seems like a cheat, you know? So here I am. Anyway, I'll definitely be changing the look around here in the near future -- sometime in the next month or so.

(And if any HTML geniuses want to point out the incredibly easy thing I keep missing as far as moving the sidebar to the other side, well, I won't stop you. I won't pay you, either, but I'll definitely thank you for your service and maybe even send you a quality .jpg of a pony, which is the next best thing to having an actual pony.)

No comments: