Thursday, February 06, 2003

WARNING: Profanity ahead.

An unintended consequence, but something of an unexpected pleasure, of blogging is the nifty adjectives and metaphorical phrases I pick up along the way. Of course, some of them are obnoxious and annoying ("idiotarian" being a prime example), but there really are a few that I like. I'm not sure what it says about me, though, that the ones I like best are all derived from profanity. Anyhow, here are my three favorites, the mere sight of which in a post makes me smile even if I disagree vehemently with the content.

:: Courtesy PNH: "Shit-kicking". (As in: "Alterman has really written a shit-kicking book here!")

:: Courtesy Rachel Lucas: "Asshatted". (As in: "I wish all of these asshatted Hollywood liberals would shut up!")

:: And my favorite, courtesy Warren Ellis: "Eat my fuck." Yes, it's a purely juvenile reaction, not unlike Beavis and Butthead, but every time I see this concatenation of words, I laugh. Go figure.

OK, back to family-friendly posting.

No comments: