Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Carousel, after dark


Carousel, III, originally uploaded by Jaquandor.



The Carousel at the Fair is one of The Daughter's favorite rides. She's loved carousels pretty much since the first time she ever rode one (when she was two, I think). The Fair's carousel is a double-decker ride with lots of different things to ride: horses that go up and down, horses that remain stationary, a couple of spinning "tea cup" type seats, a couple of benches that rock back and forth, and a couple of benches that don't move at all. Something for everyone on this thing.

I was taking random shots of the carousel at night, of which this is one. I didn't even realize that I'd taken this young woman's photo until I put the photos on the computer a few days later. I have no idea who she is; she just happened to be in the frame when I clicked the shutter release. But I like the way she's sitting on the horse; I wonder who she was showing off for.

No comments: