Tuesday, June 15, 2004

What's wrong with sandals?

Lynn Sislo wants to know why people hate sandals, and S-Train agrees with her. Hell, I don't know -- I love sandals, myself. I have a pair of Reebok athletic sandals and a pair of faux-Birkenstocks that I bought at Penney's years ago -- I'm thinking, maybe even ten years -- and yet they're still holding together and are comfortable as hell. I live in sandals from roughly May until September.

Of course, anything I have to say in terms of fashion sense might best be taken with a granular quanity of sodium chloride. (Witness the photos of myself here!) Suffice it to say that I decided years ago that "comfort" is the overriding paradigm in what I'll wear, barring stuff specifically required for work, and I make all judgments on that basis. That goes for my "nice" clothes, too: if they're not comfortable, I don't wear them. Hence the fact that I own exactly one necktie.

No comments: