Wednesday, June 30, 2004

It's not his name -- t's not like he's "Phil Spiderman".

I don't know when I'll be going to see Spiderman 2, but since I referenced it the other day, my thoughts on the original film can be read here.

By the way, I think it would be cool if instead of the prosaic Spiderman 2, they would have given the film one of those over-the-top episode titles, like each issue of the comic book used to have. Something like Spiderman: Into the Web. One gimmick I recall from the comics is in the issue in which Gwen Stacey dies, the "box narration" at the beginning says something portentous like, "We can't tell you the title of this story...yet!", and then at the very end, it says something like, "Now you know why we couldn't tell you the title of this story, because the title is, THE DAY GWEN STACEY DIED!"

No comments: