Saturday, June 12, 2004

The stranger corners of Blogistan

In one day, MeFi has served me with notice of no fewer than three blogs or journals that strike me as highly, well, odd: one creepy, one that's highly uncomfortable, and one that's in such spectacularly poor taste I can't believe my eyes.

First, the creepy one: David Berkowitz, who is the serial killer known as "Son of Sam", is blogging about his jail-cell conversion to Christianity. (MeFi post)

Second, the one that makes me uncomfortable: a guy who, well, isn't receiving remotely enough physical satisfaction from his wife. I sympathize with his difficulties, and even with his attempts to deal with them, but I am once again astounded at the amount of personal baggage some people feel comfortable putting online. (This one is not work safe, and neither are the others of similar bent linked in the MeFi post.)

And thirdly, the one that is in incredibly bad taste. We're talking something that might make Ted Rall a bit queasy here, folks. Here it is. Incredible. (And possibly not work safe either, although for completely different reasons. MeFi post.)

No comments: