Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Heh. Heh heh. Heh heh heh! BWAA-HAHAHAHA!!!

There's nothing like an unexpected automotive repair expenditure to put one in the mood for a bit of "schaddenfreude". (Hopefully I spelled that right; it's that suddenly-popular German word about taking delight in the suffering of others.) And I have to admit, this news item made me really happy, as all long-time readers will know: New England Patriots quarterback (and generally evil human being) Tom Brady has not yet received the car he "won" for being last year's Super Bowl MVP.

(And back in February, the day after the Super Bowl, I noted how odd I found it that these athletes who earn salaries in the millions are awarded cars for being named MVP. It's like if I, having been named "Employee of the Month" at the Store, was given a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Looks like I was right, as I am whenever I whine about the StuPats. [For newer readers, "StuPats" is my abbreviated term for "New England Stupid Patriots". Because I hate the Patriots.])

No comments: