Tuesday, June 08, 2004

From mullets to....

A while back I ruminated briefly on the mullet, which I would rank as the world's goofiest hairstyle if not for one other styling, whose every incidence awakens within me the strong desire to demand of its wearer: "You know you're not fooling anybody, right?"

I'm referring, of course, to the combover, that hairdo of choice for millions of balding men who somehow allow the fear of baldness to convince them that if they just grow it really long on one side and then plop it over the bald spot in an alignment that is never found by real hair growing in nature on any mammal, no one will ever observe the unusual amount of scalp visible upon their noggins and put two together with two.

And now, apparently the world of the combover has turned out to be rich enough to yield a documentary film (watch the trailer).

I shoulda been a filmmaker.

(Link via DPS. It now occurs to me that I'll have to work hard to come up with an entry for this Sunday's "Burst of Weirdness" that tops this.)

No comments: