Friday, December 19, 2003

The Shape of Things to Come!

I am planning the first major redesign of Byzantium's Shores for sometime after Christmas. It's not that I'm tired of the current appearance, but this February will see the second anniversary of this blog, and for most of that time things here have looked like, well, this. I'm not one of those bloggers who changes templates the way others change their underwear, but variety is the spice of death and all that. (I think I may have that wrong....) I'm currently searching about for graphics to use and testing things out on a dummy blog (no jokes about this blog being a dummy blog, please!), and I'll "go live" probably the first week of January, unless I get things done really quickly, in which case I could debut the new appearance between Christmas and New Year's.

Right now the only definite plan is to go to a dark text/light background, pretty much the reverse of the current theme, and to retain the "voyaging and seafaring" motif, preferably with a hint of mosaic. Other than that, it's all pretty vague.

No comments: