Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Another writing day bit the dust today with only about 500 words done, because I spent most of the time actually updating my pathetically lame and outdated security stuff on the computer. I actually bought a copy of McAfee Internet Security and got the thing installed. Then I spent a lot of time cleaning up the hard drive, and then scanning it, and then downloading updates to the software I'd just installed, and then scanned again, and then set up my firewall settings, and then reconfigured my internet answering machine to work with the new stuff and....on and on. Important stuff, but I didn't get much writing done, obviously. But I learned some stuff about the machine that I didn't know, and I did some lovely thinking-in-circles about a certain plot development in the book and trying to decide if I want to do it or not.

Talk about your boring posts....

No comments: