Thursday, June 12, 2003

(WARNING: Traffic and hit-count whining coming up.)

There's a weekly contest called the New Blog Showcase, which is just that: a showcase for newly-started blogs, to help them get some promotion and traffic. (It's run by the same guy who administers the popular Ecosystem, on which I am now a "Flappy Bird".)

This week's winner is Mac-a-ronies, a left-leaing (I think) blog written by a lady going by the name "Mac Diva". I don't begrudge her the victory, since she won fair-and-square. But still, she was a known commenter on Eschaton before launching her own site -- the launch of which was, if I recall correctly, mentioned in a front-page post by Atrios himself, and almost immediately permalinked by Kevin Drum, another of Blogistan's biggies.

What's my complaint? It just strikes me as one of those "There ain't no justice" moments that a blogger whose blog has, in all likelihood received more hits in less than two months than mine has in nearly a year and a half, has won a contest whose stated purpose is to generate traffic for newly-minted representatives of Blogistan.

Betrayer most foul!!!

(There also seems to be some kind of controversy emerging about Mac Diva and her relationship with other bloggers, but I don't know anything about it.)

No comments: