Saturday, August 11, 2007

Tag'd!

TeflonJedi tags me with the Meme of Four. And just for fun, I'm going to morph the rules here before I send this quiz out into the wild. I'm going to add a question to the quiz, at the bottom (but just before the one in which I tag four others), with the expectation that those tagged will add their own question in addition to answering the one I add myself. Does that make sense? Basically I want to see how big we can make this quiz by passing it around!

Wow, this coffee is good this morning!

Anyway, the quiz:

Four jobs I've had or currently have in my life:

1. Grocery store maintenance guy.
2. Pharmaceutical sales rep with a telesales company. (Worst job ever. The workplace itself was fine, very nice people and all who really tried to make me into a decent salesperson, but I'm just not temperamentally attuned to sales. At all. I'd face an uphill battle selling freshly-slaughtered blubber at a steep discount to a village of starving Inuits.)
3. Assistant restaurant manager. (I wasn't bad at this, but ultimately I decided that restaurant management just wasn't my cup of tea.)
4. Technical services assistant at a college library. (This was mostly fun, albeit occasionally dull and menial. Any assignment that involved working in the Rare Books room was golden -- I loved those old books.)


Four countries I have been to:

1. Canada
2. Mexico (although I'm not sure I should count it, since I was no more than three years old at the time and I have no memory at all of this trip)
3. Gondor
4. Florin

Four places I'd rather be right now:

1. Sitting on the porch of an old farmhouse somewhere in the hills of southeastern Erie County
2. Riding a hot-air balloon over the autumn hills of Western New York's Southern Tier
3. Hiking the Scottish Highlands
4. In her arms


Four foods I like to eat:

1. White peaches, filled with the nectar of the Gods
2. Potato salad, made with lots of mustard and loaded with diced onions, chilled to just above the point of freezing and eaten at sundown on a very hot day
3. Boyer's Peanut Butter Smoothies
4. A salad consisting of nothing other than mixed greens (but no iceberg lettuce, as that stuff is just horrible), a can of water-packed tuna, and a generous amount of Italian dressing

New Question! Four personal heroes, past or present:

1. Marv Levy
2. Adolph Herseth (former principal trumpet of the Chicago Symphony, and possibly the greatest symphonic trumpet player of all time)
3. Leonard Bernstein
4. Carl Sagan

Four people I would like to tag:

1. Lynn (Your new blog name and design aren't official until your first tag-quiz!)
2. Belladonna (My favorite source for introspective blogging, which is why I almost always tag her with stuff like this.)
3. SamuraiFrog (Unless you've already done this one, since you seem to get all of these.)
4. Messrs. Tosy and Cosh (Who would probably just grab the quiz and do it anyway, even if I didn't tag him.)

Of course, there's nothing saying that you can't grab the quiz and do it anyway, even if I didn't tag you. Just remember to add a new question!

2 comments:

Belladonna said...

OK - mine's done!

BTW, I'm planning on doing a hot air balloon ride in October...wish you and your lady love didn't live clear across the country, we'd bring you along!

teflonjedi said...

Sagan...great choice!