Monday, August 13, 2007

Sentential Links #109

One hundred nine! Woo-hoo! Do you know what that means? Me either, but a little Googling reveals that "109 is the smallest number that is palindromic in bases 5 and 9." OK then.

:: I'm telling you, if success is getting everything you ever wanted, George Bush is the most successful President ever.

:: We aren't doing these things for ourselves. We're doing them for our grandchildren. (I knew I'd been reading SDB all this time for a reason! This is an outstanding post of his, and I gotta say, it's brief by his standards. Time was when he'd preface this with some long thing about some obscure engineering principle or something someone discovered in battle in 1547....)

:: I used to have a boyfriend. He was actually perfect: cute, funny, thoughtful, lots of chemistry, pulled my hair at all the right times. He was, for a period, even attentive--that is, until June 29, 2007, when the iPhone went on sale. (Naughty language alert, but this post is hilarious. Oh, and this must surely be a sign of the coming apocalypse, which makes me say, "I for one welcome our new horsemen overlords.")

:: I don’t know why my outfit was so offensive to her that she felt she had to stop and tell me about it. (Just found this blog -- I'm astonished at the rudeness mentioned here. Also, one day I should write a post about why I find overalls extremely flattering on women; this blogger's picture provides some pretty good evidence in my favor.)

:: Better a brief but creative life than a long and not so creative life. However I think it goes without saying that a long and creative life would probably be best. (Another blog that's new to me this week.)

:: Not many men are secure enough in their masculinity to wear a dress. More than once. (And another! Yay!)

:: I've never liked the concept of a guilty pleasure. Why should you feel guilty about something you enjoy? You know what a guilty pleasure is for me? Marijuana. Because it's a crime. Otherwise, who cares?

And that's all for this week. Back next Monday, give or take....

No comments: