Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Path to Enlightenment (or, how to make very tasty chicken)

I know I've posted this before, but I know it's been a while and it's a cooking tip that's always worth revisiting, so here goes: the easiest and tastiest chicken recipe I know.

Just marinate your chicken in a mixture of the following ingredients, using equal portions of each: sesame oil, soy sauce, and honey. Then grill or roast the chicken as you see fit. That's it. This is astonishingly easy, and it's astonishingly good. I generally use a quarter cup of each ingredient, which makes plenty for a package of chicken containing two split breasts and two leg quarters, but if you're doing an entire bird, you might want to up that to one-third or even one-half cup. Basting during cooking isn't necessary, but I do it anyway.

Oh, and don't salt the chicken before marinating or cooking. The soy sauce will make it pleasantly salty enough.

No comments: