Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sunday Burst of Weirdness

Back in the day when I read a lot of conspiracy-theory related stuff (lots of fun, kooky stuff in that world -- I gotta read more of it one of these days), my delvings into the sub-conspiracry genre of alien life (think of the stuff that forms a lot of the backstory for The X-Files) I often saw the name Richard Hoagland, a former NASA employee who has since gone on to bigger and better things -- and by "bigger and better things", I of course mean "creating a career of sorts out of pimping looney ideas that NASA is covering up evidence of life in our Solar System, including the far side of the Moon and the artificial [yeah, right] structures on the Cydonia Plain on Mars".

Well, thanks to Paul Riddell, I see Hoagland's latest bit of hilarious madness: he thinks that an entire Saturnian moon is an artificial construct.

I love Richard Hoagland. I really do. As Paul Riddell describes:

Some examples of insane pseudoscience are worthy only of disgusted ridicule. Others, though, are like your insane little cousin who has the permanent hickey on his side from making armpit farts all day long: you should be disgusted, but you're laughing, and you can't quite explain why you're laughing.


That's exactly right -- Hoagland is the Cheech of the intergalactic conspiracy set. Anyone want to nominate a Chong?

No comments: