Monday, July 25, 2005

Oy. Or "oi". As in "Hanoi".

Sympathetic though I may be to the anti-war cause (even if I don't share that particular belief), I wish Jane Fonda would just shut up.

Jane Fonda is returning to anti-war activism and embarking on a cross-country tour to call for an end to US military operations in Iraq.

The actress, 67, said the protest trip would begin next March and she would travel on a bus powered by vegetable oil.


I really don't like Jane Fonda. Protest is fine, dissent is fine. Meeting with the enemy is not. Sorry, Jane, count me out.

(Oh, and count me out on a sequel to 9 to 5. I love the original, but Fonda was the least of the cast in that film, whose charm is generated almost entirely -- no, flat-out entirely -- by Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton, and Dabney Coleman. I'm glad, though, to see that Ms. Parton has a sense of humor about the possibility of a sequel: "I've told them they'd better get on it before they have to call it the good, the bad, and the ugly because we ain't getting any prettier!")

No comments: