Saturday, July 09, 2005

I should just rename this blog "The Quiz Place" and be done with it.

Yup, here's another of those damned quiz things I can't resist for the life of me. I've stolen this one from Erin.

10 years ago: Unmarried, working at Pizza Hut, no Internet access, no DVD player. But at least Braveheart and Rob Roy came out that year.

5 years ago: Minus a few months, we moved to Buffalo.

1 year ago: I was supremely worried about whether I could be a decent male role model for a baby boy. Little did I know that this was something I didn't have to worry about after all.

Yesterday: I consumed a mocha freeze with two shots of espresso at break time, a salad at lunch time, and a burger with steak fries for dinner. Watched an hour or so of The Two Towers.

Today: Got the hair trimmed (don't worry, just an inch or so to tidy up the ends and shave the back of the neck); went to Target to get a new memory card for the digital camera (128 MB, should hold 100 or so photos); grocery shopping later (very small run this week, since we'll be gone after Tuesday); a load or two of laundry; hopefully kicking The Daughter outside; watching something tonight on TV; starting a new story; choosing books and CDs for the trip.

Tomorrow: Going to church (outdoor services during July); more laundry; reading the paper; packing. Starting a new temp assignment.

5 snacks I enjoy: Combos. (Thanks for mentioning these, Erin -- now I gotta buy some today.) Red licorice. Zapp's potato chips. Fruit: apples, nectarines, white peaches. Those bulk trail-mixes with M&Ms, peanuts, raisins, chocolate chips and dried fruit.

5 bands that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: None that I know that well, sadly, but I'll name Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Zepellin, Elton John (I know, not a band) and Kilbrannan (my favorite local act; I gotta catch 'em live one of these years).

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: (Note to self: This reminds me of an idea for a post I've been knocking around for a while.) Eliminate debt. Buy a home on some land in the Southtowns. Put a chunk away for retirement. Put a chunk away for The Daughter's college education. Secure the best therapy for Little Quinn that $50,000,000 can buy. Blow the rest on chicks and beer and DVDs and stuff.

5 locations I’d like to run away to: I can't honestly answer this one, because where I'd want to run would be a function of where certain people were.

5 bad habits I have: Eating too damn much. Not writing enough fiction. Looking at my damn SiteMeter. Using "damn" in every sentence. Overcooking my red meat (but this one will right itself as I get practiced again).

5 things I like doing: Buying and reading books. Buying and watching DVDs. Buying and listening to CDs. Eating. Walking.

5 things I would never wear: Tank tops. Basketball jerseys. Those "low-riding" jeans. Baseball caps (unless required by work). Contact lenses.

5 TV shows I like: Scrubs, The West Wing (Say, didn't anyone notice how Season Six ends with the Democrats nominating a guy with a history of serious heart trouble for Vice President? Like that would ever happen!), CSI (the original's my favorite, although I like the others), American Idol (sue me), The Apprentice (ditto).

5 movies I like: Staying away from the obvious ones: Breakfast at Tiffany's, Captain Blood, The Last of the Mohicans, Princess Mononoke, Schindler's List (it bugs me how Saving Private Ryan, a vastly inferior film, has overshadowed Schindler's List in popular opinion).

5 famous people I’d like to meet: Limiting myself to just the living ones: George Lucas, Peter Jackson, Howard Shore, Guy Gavriel Kay, and Bill Clinton.

5 biggest joys at the moment: Sigh...a well-shaped tune, a well-told story, the friend who listens, the friend who talks (sometimes they're even the same people), my workplace.

5 favorite toys: The computer, the digital camera, the CD player(s), the DVD player (although soon to be replaced), and my pens.

That's it. No tagging, just grab-and-go if you're so inclined.

(EDIT: Link fixed. Whoops.)

No comments: