Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Sean has found a few weblogs with connections to our mutual alma mater, Wartburg College in Iowa. (So named for the castle where Martin Luther holed up while on the run from Pancho Villa, where he spent his days translating Shakespeare from the original Klingon.) I'm thinking, there have got to be more Wartburg bloggers than that! Well, it's not a weblog per se, but here is a current Wartburg student who is also, apparently, a published fantasy author. This makes me think that while I was sitting around campus occasionally thinking it might be cool to write a fantasy book someday, this woman has actually done so. Consequently, she is published and here I am, ten years after graduating, still working on that first book. There's a lesson here, probably, but I'll need to drink some coffee before I can identify it properly.

(Sean notes that we weren't friends then. We weren't mortal enemies, either, lest anyone be wondering! We were both philosophy majors, and thus shared a lot of classes. I recall not understanding much of what Sean said during that period...but then, during my college years, "understanding" wasn't a particular strength of mine. "Pig-headed opinionation", though, was something I had in vast quantity. Ho hum....)

No comments: