Monday, February 06, 2006

Sentential Links #36

It's time again for some sentential goodness. Click for the context:

:: And anyone who likes to makes jokes about how old they are now, show me you have as nice an ass as Mick Jagger and I might think about listening to you. (I'd give this challenge a try, but I can't see my ass because my gut keeps getting in the way....)

:: I mean, for God's sake: a 24-year-old press officer for NASA who sees it as his primary mission to "make the president look good"? Gag me. Can't we throw him to the largely ignorant Muslim fundamentalists?

:: I seem to remember the Soviet Union being held in contempt for its heavy reliance on "political officers." President Bush's close relationship with Russia's ex-KGB head honcho, Vladimir Putin, is starting to make more sense. (Remember how, in The Hunt for Red October, Captain Ramius's first act in his plan to defect was to kill his ship's Political Officer? Hmmm....)

:: My great-grandmother was old enough when she died to have met people who fought in the Civil War. "Multi-tasking" for her at my age would have been playing the phonograph while dancing the Charleston. ("Moriarty" of AICN -- real name, Drew McWeeny -- has a blog about DVDs. I don't always agree with Moriarty, but I love his approach to films: he's not afraid to like whatever he damned well wants to like. Cool. Welcome to blogging, Moriarty!)

:: I'm gearing up for a post wherein I share a current inner dialog about living the dream in my heart, (and why I am on the brink but for some reason holding back) but some explanation may be needed to fully "appreciate" (as in understand, not necessarily enjoy) the different forces and factors in my life. (Jayne's blog is almost a kind of Zen meditation thing at times. It's really something.)

:: Of course Gonzales begins his Opening Statement by quoting Osama bin Laden and Zawahri. We used to quote Madison, Jefferson and Lincoln to decide what the principles of our Government are going to be. Now we quote Al Qaeda. The Administration wants Al Qaeda and its speeches to dictate the type of Government we have. It is the centerpiece of everything they do and say.

:: 1. I will hold you, Daniel. (If you read any of these this week, read this one. Via.)

:: So why this sudden burst of enthusiasm for things photographic? It’s a complicated question, but as to what triggered it the answer is clear: I was seduced by the Power of the Dark Side of the Zoom. (Will has a new URL, by the way. Update your blogrolls. This means you. Yeah, you, in the back -- the guy in the overalls who is always slow to update his blogroll. Slacker!)

All for now....

No comments: