Monday, February 23, 2004

I'm paid to drill holes in stuff.

Today at the store, a situation arose which required me to put my carpentry skills to use. Problem is, my carpentry skills are such that Habitat For Humanity would very likely say "Thanks, but no thanks" were I to ever volunteer for them. The boss described the problem and told me how to best fix it (basically, a piece of clear acrylic is supposed to fit into a wooden frame, but keeps popping out because the frame itself isn't entirely stable). I pointed out my lack of carpentry skills, and the fact that this would likely result in a fairly messy job being done, but the boss replied, "It's not a chair for the Pope, you know."

Alrighty then.

Two drill-holes and a bit of split wood from hammering in a nail halfway later, the mission was accomplished.

Oh well.

No comments: