Sunday, February 08, 2004

I am not locked in here with you; YOU are locked in here with ME.

Everything you ever wanted to know about the Rorschach Test, including the actual inkblots. I confess that my first thought is to print them out, blow them up, and give them to my daughter as coloring pages. Is this test still administered? My skepticism is captured by this statement from the site:

"Many psychologists think the Rorschach test is hopelessly unreliable; others see it as one of the cardinal tools of modern psychodiagnosis. Even among those who acknowledge the value of the test, there is disagreement on interpretation of responses."

In other words: "Lots of shrinks believe this is total bullshit, and the ones that don't think it's total bullshit don't agree on what it means." OK, then....sounds like a couple of the undergrad philosophy conferences I attended while in college, but without the possibility of being chucked in the sanitarium.

(via Scott of Archipelapogo, who's sporting a ton of nifty linkage lately.)

(And a cyber-gumdrop for anyone who gets the reference in the title!)

No comments: