Thursday, July 12, 2012

DIE BAD WRITING DIE DIE DIE!!!!!


Manuscript 2, originally uploaded by Jaquandor.

The time has come at last: it's editing time. Hoo-boy. I didn't wait quite three months, but I got more than two and a half, and I've at last started digging through Princesses In SPACE!!! (not the actual title). I'm hoping that this process will be done by Labor Day, but as in all things, we shall see. This process is, as you might guess, fairly time-consuming.

And for anyone who might worry about whether or not I am sufficiently steel-willed to drag my literary darlings out of their coops in the middle of the night and chop their bloody heads off, well -- witness the amount of red ink of corrections on those two pages! I'm about ten pages in thus far, and only one page doesn't look like that. That's page one. Because it starts halfway down the page (in keeping with proper manuscript format). Yes, folks -- I can rip other people's writing when the spirit moves me, but when it comes to my own, I'm utterly medieval.

Onward and upward!

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Wait a minute - I see a whole couple lines unscathed. what's with THAT?

Kelly Sedinger said...

Oh, I'm sure the beta readers will catch those...sigh....