Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Centus

Culinarily inspired this week, I think!

"So this is a cook off for the inheritance? Is that what you're saying?"

Grandma was dead, and now her will stipulated that whoever won this, won everything. Including the responsibility of cooking Thanksgiving Dinner every year. For the whole family. And all relatives. And covering all expenses. Using Grandma’s recipes. Which were all out of bad magazines from the 1950s.

“Yes. You against your sister, Mary. Best dish prepared in one hour wins.”

“OK.”

I went into the kitchen and grabbed ingredients. Peanut butter, limburger cheese, sardines, ketchup, a jar of Vegemite.

What of it? Money'd be nice, but I don't wanna cook for these jerks every Thanksgiving.

(Errrr...I screwed up my link to this post from Jenny's blog. Sorry, folks!)

2 comments:

Kris said...

Hahahahaha ! That was great !!! This hit a nerve with me...for the first time in years, I'm not cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year...we're going out to eat :)

BTW, cool header !

siggiofmaine said...

Great post...I haven't been "home" for Thanksgiving since 1979! where, yes, the prune dressing comment was made ☺...it was a family reunion, so really not home, home. Now my home is "home", and the children and grandchildren are too far away to travel
Peace,
Happy Holidays,
Siggi in Downeast Maine