From Sunday Stealing comes a quiz! (Sunday Stealing is all about quizzes, actually. That's what makes it fun.)
1. How far away is the last person you kissed?
Right now, about 15 or 20 miles. I've never actually measured how far it is from home to where The Wife works.
2. Has someone ever told you they would be with you forever?
Sure. We're doing pretty well.
3. Last person you were in a car with?
The Wife and The Daughter, earlier this morning.
4. Any plans for tomorrow?
I have to work and finish reading a book for a review.
5. How long does it take for you to take a shower?
If I'm washing my hair, I can be in there about 25 minutes. I like long showers. I know, not very ecological. Sorry for that.
6. Best friend or close friends?
Close friends, I think. I've gone the best friend route and it doesn't always work out so well.
7. Is tomorrow going to be a good day?
Maybe! Mondays can be a real grab bag of suck, or they can be not-so-bad. We'll see what happens.
8. Did you kiss anyone friday?
I kiss The Wife every day.
9. Ever thrown up in public?
Sigh...yes. Not in a really long time, though. In fact, nearly thirty years! I was with my parents on a road trip around Western NY the first year we lived here. My sister wasn't along, for some reason that I don't recall. We drove to Batavia and shopped at the mall there (that alone tells you how long ago this was: there were stores in the Batavia Mall), and then we drove to Williamsville where we went to the Eastern Hills Mall for the first time. I have no clue what I ate that caused this, or what bug I got, but with virtually no warning I threw up in the middle of the Walden Books there. I could have died. (In the figurative, "Oh God get me away from all these people" sense, not the literal sense.)
10. What's on your mind RIGHT NOW?
The last time I threw up in public. Thanks, quiz.
11. Who was the last person you talked to?
12. What is the WORST subject they teach at school?
Typing/keyboarding. Who cares what the "proper" way to type is?
13. Have you seen anyone lately that you don't get along with?
Sure. I just go about my business and he goes about his.
14. What is your favourite colour top to wear?
Ummmm...red? Blue? Purple? Tie-dye? I like all colors, actually. Yesterday I was in a charcoal-gray hoodie. (I dislike the word "hoodie", by the way.)
15. Have you ever been in a car accident?
16. What's the closest thing to you that's green?
A ceramic wall-pocket that The Daughter made for me in art class. Or a book cover. Or a pen. Or some note cards. There's a lot of green stuff right around me; not sure what's closest.
17. Where would you like to be right now?
Pittsburgh. We're going there next weekend, and I'm excited.
18. Write down some lyrics to the song you're listening to?
It's actually silent right now...and I'd probably be listening to orchestral music anyway, so the lyrics would be something like "Hummmmm...doo da doo da doo dummmmm...ya da dummmm...."
19. How many dogs do you have?
Zero. Quarters are too cramped at Casa Jaquandor for one of those four-legged drool factories. Maybe when we finally get a house of some sort.
20. Is anything bugging you right now?
Well, I continue to be bugged by my display of Mechanic FAIL yesterday. And it bugs me that my current favorite pair of overalls has a hole in the butt. I considered wearing them out yesterday with a pair of shorts underneath, but that still seemed weird.
21. Is life going right for you now?
Sure, I guess. No major disasters right now; just some ongoing annoyances and conundra.
22. Is there someone you care about more than yourself?
No! It's all about ME ME ME ME MEEEEE! (The Family, actually. Duh!)
23. What made you laugh today?
The Wife and The Daughter, both.
24. What was the last movie you watched?
We watched half of Tomorrow Never Dies last night. Good action movie, not so good a James Bond movie.
25. Whats the last conversation you had about?
I instructed The Daughter to get the laundry out of the dryer; she said OK.
26. What were you doing at 7:00 this morning?
27. Do you like your hair long or short?
Well, look at the pictures! What do you think?
28. Do you want to see somebody right now?
I always want to see George Lucas.
29. Do you like the rain?
I'm not against it. I don't mind big fat rain that falls down straight; wind-driven sideways rain is not my cup of tea.
30. Did you have a valentine this year?
I'm married, so I'm good to go in that department. Yay!
31. The last person you kissed needs you at 3 am, would you go?
Absolutely...and since she's sleeping right next to me, "going" would involve moving about eight inches.
32. Would you honestly say you'd risk your life for someone else?
It depends on who the person was.
33. Honestly, if you could go back 1 month and change something would you?
My last month has been pretty much blunder-free, so I'm good. Maybe I'd get myself to the Y more often.
34. How do you feel about boys smoking?
Smoking sucks and should go away.
35. Could you see yourself with someone forever?
Forever's a long time, isn't it? How about one lifetime?