I haven't done a quiz-thing in a long time, so here I go! This is from Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness. The quiz starts off genteel enough, but then at question nine, veers into controversy.
1. What were doing 10 years ago?
Wondering what the next step in life was. The Daughter was nine months old, I had no idea what I wanted to do in life, and...yeah.
2. Five snacks that you enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world?
Snacks only? Not just foods? Cheetos, popcorn popped in coconut oil, cookies of all types, donuts, and potato chips.
3. Five things you would do if you were a billionaire:
I'll assume to this to mean "I've just acquired one billion dollars": buy a nice house on a big plot of land someplace near Buffalo, preferably in East Aurora and preferably an old farm house; give ten million dollars to the Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, the BPO, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, the Burchfield-Penney, and the Buffalo Science Museum; buy as much of Forrest J. Ackerman's old collection as I could and move it to Buffalo for display; find some enterprising young buck who wants to own his own business and give him money so he can bring In-and-Out Burger to Buffalo; and I'd buy pizza. For everybody I know. For a year.
4. Three of your habits:
Blogging, coffee/tea drinking, eating things I shouldn't.
5. Five jobs that you've had:
Library aide, office tech, restaurant shift manager, telesales drone, maintenance genius
6. Five places that you've lived:
Pittsburgh, PA; Hillsboro, OR; La Crosse, WI; Elkins, WV; Allegany, NY.
7. Five things that you did yesterday:
Went to church, watched Return of the Jedi, wrote, read the paper, made school lunch.
8. Five people you would want to get to know more about:
George Lucas, Sergei Rachmaninov, my great-grandparents (I know virtually nothing about my family history), Robert Schumann, and you! Yes, you! You, the one reading this!
9. Abortion: for or against it?
I'm pro-choice, as I think the decision belongs with the woman, and I can't bring myself to the belief that what exists at conception, or at most points along the way, is an actual human being.
10. Do you think the world would fail with a female president?
Eventually, yes. Same as with a male president. We're humans; failure is what we do. Now, would the chances of learning from our failures go up with a woman President? I'd like to think so.
11. Do you believe in the death penalty?
No. Not at all. I've tried the "Well, if the crime's bad enough" thing, and I just don't know how you make that call. Easier to just say, "No."
12. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already?
Sure, why not?
13. Are you for or against premarital sex?
I could not possibly care less if people engage in premarital sex.
14. Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized?
15. Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the USA?
Nope. The more, the merrier! Come on over, folks!
16. Should the alcohol age be lowered to eighteen?
It bothers me when I see in the news that a young man, aged nineteen or twenty, has been killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. If you can legally put yourself in harm's way for your country, then you should be able to have a wee dram now and then.
17. Should the war in Iraq be called off?
You know, I was one of those boneheads who supported it at first (but not as some essential component of the "War on Terror"; I just thought that Saddam was a very bad man and that the world's powers should do more to deal with very bad men when they become dictators). But as it went on, more and more I thought, "What the hell are we doing here?!" Now, I think we need to get the hell out of there.
18. Assisted suicide is illegal: do you agree?
One should be able to choose to die. I do think it should only be legal for terminal persons, however.
19. Do you believe in spanking children?
No. No, no, no.
20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
Not really; there's not likely to be any real surprise to any of my answers here, for anyone who has read my blog for any length of time.