Sunday, December 06, 2009

Sunday Burst of Weirdness

Oddities abound!

:: Anyone who remembers the old text-adventure games of yore (as in, 1980s and before "yore") will be amused by Revisiting old-school text adventures as a jaded modern gamer. I thought it was hysterical -- I remember playing Colossal Cave for hours, eventually succumbing to the fact that I was 12 or 13 and typing in commands like "Kill Dragon with my butt". (Of course, in that game, the solution to the killing-the-dragon puzzle was elegant and a groaner at the same time....)

:: An antiquarian bookseller relates tales of customer woe. A sample:

I have a first edition of the Gutenburg Bible, can you tell me how much it is worth?

Ma'am, what makes you think you have a Gutenburg?

Well, it's German and dated 1880.


Oy....

All for this week. Enjoy, folks!

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

Re: that 1880 "Gutenberg" - at least they got the millennium right.