First up, SamuraiFrog has given me the Superior Scribbler Award, whose award icon looks like this:
...and whose rules for use run thusly:
1) Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to their most-deserving Blogger Friends.
2) Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3) Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
4) Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives
This Prestigious Honor!
5) Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
So, I now will name five other Superior Scribblers.
1. Snell of I Expect You To Die! has been doing all kinds of wonderfully written commentary on all things James Bond. He has another blog, Slay, Monstrobot of the Deep, but I can't express my appreciation for his Bond stuff enough.
2. Heaven knows how long he's going to remain active before going off into another of his work-related long hiatuses, but Mr. Jones of A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy is, among other things, a very old friend of mine (I've known him more than twenty-seven years now) and a fine writer with a keen eye for what he likes and what he doesn't.
3. I just plugged him in Sentential Links yesterday, but Jeff of Psychosomatic Wit blogs his heart out, almost literally. I greatly admire his deeply personal writing.
4. I think I give these awards to Belladonna every time I get one, but hey, I can do what I want. Mind-muffins is what I tend to like most about blogging: she'll write about anything that enters her mind, she'll think "out loud" in a terrific way, and she has this optimism that bubbles through even her sad posts.
5. And, of course, Mental Multivitamin, who somehow makes it look effortless.
So there are my Superior Scribblers. Next up, Lynn Sislo gave me the "I Love This Blog Award", whose prize looks like this:
1. Post the award on my blog
2. Link to the person who gave me the award
3. Nominate at least 4 others
4. Leave a comment on their blogs so they can pass it on.
Cool! Here are four other blogs that I love.
1. Maybe this is cheating, but Angela Martini's Flickr photostream is very blog-like in its approach. I think it counts. She's got quite the cast of characters in her home: herself, her husband, her cat, and the One Chihuahua To Rule Them All.
2. Lynn gave this award to Incurable Insomniac, so I'll give it Steph's significant other's blog, Life in Shades of F-Major. Nettl's blog is just as wonderful as Steph's.
3. I've become addicted to the weekly movie quizzes at No Smoking in the Skull Cave, and I've loved Becca's other content, too.
4. Simple Tricks and Nonsense: a terrific geek blog. Jason writes a lot of well-considered opinion on topics wide and sundry.
Congrats to the honorees!