Friday, July 25, 2003

Oh, GAK!

As I'm writing this, the TV is on in the background (only because I didn't turn it off yet), and "Inside Edition" or "Access Hollywood" or some such thing is on. They're talking about some young author whose book has just been made into a movie with Reese Witherspoon (I think), and the person doing the story just said: "She was even able to stand out to the publishers by submitting her manuscript on pink paper!"

Huh-whuh??!!

Everything I've ever read says NOT to try things like this. Some even go so far as to say that manuscripts submitted on funky papers are not even read. What's the deal, here? (I didn't catch the name of the author, but I surmise it can't be too hard to figure out. If I'm bored tomorrow, maybe I'll dig further into this.)

No comments: