I've seen this quiz a few times in the last couple of days. It's straightforward enough:
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
When The Wife and I were first dating, we saw Aladdin together four times.
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Hmmmmm. Not really sure, anymore. Harrison Ford used to be gold, but then he stopped picking good movies to do. Liam Neeson, maybe.
4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Adam Sandler (although he was quite good in Spanglish, where my dislike of the film had nothing to do with him).
5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
I'm always good for a Star Wars quote or two. (Big surprise.) And Wayne's World; for years, my standard reply to anyone telling me that they have something for me is, "If it's a severed head I'm gonna be very upset."
6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Singin' in the Rain.
7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
My Fair Lady.
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
9. Name a movie that you own.
Just one? Odd question, so I'll name the first DVD I see. [glances at shelf] I own Ben Hur.
10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Morgan Freeman. (Maybe not quite in the same vein as what the question is getting at, but who watched The Electric Company and saw in that guy Red from The Shawshank Redemption?)
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Dammit, every year The Wife and I agree that we're going to take The Daughter to the drive-in, and we never do. Anyway, my family went to Star Trek III at the drive-in.
12. Ever made out in a movie?
People do that at movies? You can do that at home! Why pay to see a movie and then make out?
Seriously, no, I've never done this. Hand-holding, sure, but that's it. I'm watching the movie.
(When we saw Titanic, the couple in front of us starting necking during the friggin' previews. They barely came up for air the whole movie. God, they were annoying.)
13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
Oh, God, too many to name. Portrait of Jennie, I suppose. A friend tells me this is the most romantic movie ever.
14. Ever walked out of a movie?
No. But I've shut off movies I rented before.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Dances with Wolves. First time I saw that, I started when the soldiers shot Two-Socks. I'm not that bad with it anymore, but I still cry when Wind In His Hair climbs the promontory just to shout his farewell to his friend.
I can't see a movie without popcorn. I happily munched my way through a medium popcorn during the first half hour of Schindler's List. (But I did not make out during Schindler's List!)
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Fairly rarely anymore. I love going to the movies, but the price of doing so has reached the point where it's now a special occasion. Alas.
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Anything that entertains me, really. I just like movies.
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Snow White. My mother tells me that it scared the living shit out of me, and having seen it in recent years, I can see why. There's some grim stuff in that movie.
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
Highlander. Never has the gulf between the expectations I had based on the gushing by my friends and my actual experience of watching the movie been so wide.
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
Not sure what we mean by "weird" here...but I seem to be pretty weird in my steadfast admiration for The Phantom Menace.
23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?
The Silence of the Lambs.
24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?
Ask me this question tomorrow and I'll say Monty Python and the Holy Grail. But you're asking today, so I'm saying A Fish Called Wanda.