Saturday, October 15, 2005

World...spinning! Taste buds...changing!

I have a new food addiction: slices of apple with slices of cheddar cheese. They were sampling these at The Store a week or two ago, and while I'd heard of the idea before, I'd never bothered trying it. Imagine my shock at how the sweet tartness of the apple contrasts with, and softens, the bite of the extra-sharp cheddar cheese. Absolutely astonishing. I've had two meals in the last three days that consisted of nothing more than a New York apple, sliced up, with those slices paired with nice slices of New York cheddar cheese. Filling, and good for you!

(I'm not sure that I'll ever sample apple pie with cheddar cheese, though. Raw apples are one thing, but apples blended with sugar and cinnamon and baked in a pastry crust are something else. I'll have to remain skeptical on that front.)

No comments: