Thursday, October 06, 2005

Beers to you, old amigo!

PSoTD seems to be less than enthusiastic about a new pumpkin-flavored beer from Anheuser-Busch:

Okay, okay, okay, enough with the freakin' seasonal flavored beers. We get it. You want to sell beer for Halloween parties and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Okay, okay, okay.

What's next for Anheuser-Busch? Putting toys in the bottom of each case of beer? Making "3-D" bottles so drinkers can see an image inside each Bud? Bottlecap Bingo?

How about just trying to make some good "no special occasion" beer instead of the soulless brews that they currently blanket the market? There's already a zillion specialty flavored brews out on there. Is AB planning to compete on price? Because I find it hard to believe they will be competitive on flavor...

No word yet on the flavors of the other seasons. Easy suspects for winter: Egg Nog, Candy Cane, New Year's Day Dry Heave... any other suggestions for the other seasons?


Well, that's great, because it leaves more beer for me! I had some pumpkin-flavored beer a few years ago, and I liked it a lot. But then, I'm the same guy who thought Pepsi Holiday Spice was just the best-tasting stuff ever, so I'm sure I may well be in a minority here. But I do love the flavor of pumpkin in general; at The Store we have a pumpkin flavored coffee that is just wonderful.

No comments: