Saturday, September 03, 2005

Random Points of Anger and Depression

I know, folks. Maybe my current mood will subside. But then again, maybe it won't. I can't say for sure. Anyway, some random stuff that has me angry:

:: I don't often agree with Craig, but he's right here. It wasn't just the Feds who failed New Orleans. But it wasn't just New Orleans who failed New Orleans, either.

:: Bill O'Reilly is of the belief that a lot of people sat out Hurricane Katrina because they thought they'd be able to do some looting afterwards. Uh-huh. Keep the brilliant insight coming, Bill.

:: What do you do for people who have lost everything -- their homes, their jobs, their businesses, their Bibles and phone books, everything save the very clothes they're wearing at this very moment? Tax relief, of course! And think, if they'd been able to escape New Orleans in cars they don't have, they'd be able to save a lot of money on their car insurance by switching to GEICO.

:: I watch George W. Bush in the process of responding to Katrina's devastation, and I think back to the George W. Bush I watched in the process of responding to 9-11-01, and I wonder if I'm looking at the same guy or if some kind of real-life enactment of the movie Dave is taking place. My God. Bush's speech to Congress after 9-11 was, in my opinion, utterly masterful (and I didn't watch it on TV; I listened in the car whilst driving through Wisconsin), but here he is in Mississippi, smirking and mugging his way through things, musing about how he can't wait to sit on Trent Lott's new porch and commenting that he's not looking forward to this particular trip (and this after whining last week, before Katrina, that he's got to be able to have a normal life). Who is this guy, and do we gotta have his hand on the wheel?

:: Last week, I filled in my answers for the first five things I'd do if I suddenly became President. One of them was that I'd immediately cancel all contracts with Halliburton. Well, guess what: there would be one more contract to cancel. Guess who got the contract to clean up after Katrina!

Halliburton: is there nothing that company can't do?

No comments: