Monday, January 17, 2005

Ugh.

Ugh.

I've been suspecting that the winner of the playoff game between the Indianapolis Colts and the New England Stupid Patriots would produce the Super Bowl winner, and now the StuPats have gone on to win the game.

So it's down to the Steelers, the last remaining hope for all mankind for an end to Evil's ascendance over the NFL. Can they do it? I'm not optimistic, even though Ben Roethlisberger (I'm not checking to see if that spelling is correct) has already beaten these guys once before. And I'm certainly not optimistic that the eventual NFC champion can keep the stupid grin off Tom Brady's face, or keep Teddy Bruschi from doing that dumb dance of his, for another year.

I predicted it before the season began, and I can't really change now. The NFL's most vomitous franchise is going to hoist another Lombardi Trophy.

Ugh. But I said that already, didn't I?

(BTW, you can see Sean going all squealy over Tom Brady and just how dreamy he is. Rather unbecoming an Iowan, but there it is.)

No comments: