Sunday, January 16, 2005

New York Pizza

Over at Buffalo Pundit, Alan provides a handy description of New York City-style pizza. So, if you're ever about the country and you encounter someone from NYC who pronounces the pizza of your particular locality abyssmal, and you've then wondered, "Geez, what's wrong with our pizza? It tastes pretty good to me!", this is the Platonic ideal they're coming from.

Personally, I like NYC-style pizza just fine. But then, I like all styles of pizza just fine, really. Thin, foldable crust? Sure. Deep-dish Chicago-style, with the cheese tiled at the bottom and the tomatoes on top? Great. All styles in between? Bring 'em on.

"There are more pizzas in Heaven and Earth than are dream't of in our philosophy," wrote Shakespeare. And he was right. (Although, now that I think of it, I'm not sure the Bard was talking about pizza at all. Hmmmm.)

No comments: