Monday, January 24, 2005

IMAGE OF THE WEEK (belated, but not my fault this time)

Yes, I am late yet again with the Image of the Week, but this time I actually had an image picked out and uploaded to my own server space, ready to go -- it was Blogger that screwed me up. The service went offline for maintenance right when I was trying to post it.

Anyway, Scott of The Gamer's Nook links this stunning gallery of photos of the Aurora Borealis. And when I say "stunning", I mean, "Wow, that's stunning!" Behold:


I have only been lucky enough to see the Aurora Borealis once in my life, when I was in college in Iowa. The only metaphor I can come up with, lame though it may be, is that it was as if God had put on a tie-dyed shirt. There have been several times since I've lived in Buffalo when the Aurora should have been visible, had the skies not been cloudy at the time. Ah, clouds -- my old adversary....

No comments: