Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Burst of Weird and Awesome!

Oddities and Awesome abound!!!

:: I've seen this in a lot of places, but Jedediah gets the credit. A bunch of these videos have shown up in the last year or two, but this one's got amazing sound, so turn up the speakers. It's the ride you'd enjoy were you, say, a spider or something, clinging to the side of one of the space shuttle's solid rocket boosters, from launch to splash-down. These are just amazing.



Wow!

:: Two links from one of my favorite comics blogs, Slay, Monstrobot of the Deep!. There were all kinds of weird ads in comics back in 'the day', and it always tickles me to see them reproduced, because I remember a lot of them, and I remember thinking when I was six or seven, "Hey, I want that!" I can say with a high degree of confidence that I never wanted the Nancy Nonsense doll, however.

:: The other link from Slay Monstrobot: I am increasingly of the belief that I need to read the original Howard the Duck comics one of these years. Sure, the infamous movie was dreck, but...this just seems like gonzo genius to me.

More next week!

3 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

That is frickin' awesome video (and one badass durable camera)! And you were right about the sound. Incredible!

Somebody build a moonbase! Let'e go to Mars!

Roger Owen Green said...

Howard the Duck (and for that matter, Man-Thing, the Defenders) was Steve Gerber weird genius. I was very sad when he died.

Ben Varkentine said...

What Roger said.