Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Burst of Weird and Awesome!

Oddities and Awesome abound!

:: A helpful commenter (I think!) left this here the other day.



I've never watched Paula Deen or read anything by her, and on the basis of this video, I don't believe I will. Not because I have anything against oxtails or someone who finds erotic pleasure in eating oxtails, but because I can't deal with someone who uses the word "romantical".

:: I don't tote book bags around, but if I did, this would be a candidate.

:: On a sudden whim, I typed "Star Wars Yiddish" into Google and went with the first link I found. That would be this video, which appears to be the "Luke meets Yoda" scene from The Empire Strikes Back, dubbed into Yiddish, I assume for a school project. I don't speak a single word of Yiddish. I wonder how the translator accommodated Yoda's signature speech pattern?



More next week!

3 comments:

quince said...

Considering you have already professed your lust for women with long grey hair, I am thinking she is just a few inches of hair and a pair over overalls away from winning you over.

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahaha. I would like to "like" quince's comment.

Lynn said...

I've lived in the south all my life but there is a certain kind of southern accent that I find highly irritating. It sounds very arrogant, like, "I know I don't don't talk right honey and I'm proud of it!" Paula Deen is very off-putting to me because of that but I have to admit that I've been sort of warming up to her ever since another blogger commented that she would like to see Paula Deen and [healthy eating lady, can't remember her name] in a cage match. Indeed. I know who I'd be rooting for.