Sunday, May 08, 2011

Sunday Burst of Weird and AWESOME!

Oddities and Awesome abound!

:: According to some gonzo thing put together by a team of scienticians, men with longer ring fingers than index fingers on their right hands are better looking. Science finally establishes that I'm good looking. That would have been a useful scientific finding back when I was getting rejected by women on a regular basis!

:: This is fascinating:

Scientists have long wondered why the sherpas of the Tibetan Highlands can negotiate with ease elevations that cause some humans to become life-threateningly ill. Tibetans live at altitudes of 13,000 feet, breathing air that has 40 percent less oxygen than is available at sea level, yet suffer very little mountain sickness. The reason, according to a team of biologists in China, is human evolution, in what may be the most recent and fastest instance detected so far.


Evolution rules. I love evolution!

:: The last known combat veteran of World War I is dead. So ends at last one of the stupidest damn wars in history.

More next week!

4 comments:

Call me Paul said...

I've seen the first item many times over the last several years, and every time I do, I ask the same question: when you are determining if yourring finger or your index finger is longer, do you look at the back of your hand, or the palm of your hand?

Kelly Sedinger said...

I don't get the point of the question. My ring finger is a certain length no matter what angle I look at it from.

Call me Paul said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gr8wight/sets/72157626569765899/

Kelly Sedinger said...

Well, I have no idea what's going on with your freakish mutation of a hand, but on my hand, my ring and index fingers maintain their relative lengths regardless of perspective.