Sunday, January 30, 2005

From dung, a rose bloometh

The Honorable Mr. Jones, a talented writer who turned away from The Craft when he realized that he needed to, you know, eat and live under something other than cardboard, decided to try the Buffalo News's recent short-story contest, and he posts his resulting tale here. Check it out. It's under 1500 words (about four pages of a mass-market paperback), so it won't be too taxing.

I also wrote a submission for the contest, and if I don't win I'll post my own results here. (The two winning stories are to be printed in the News this Tuesday, so I'm assuming that I lost, but maybe they're waiting until tomorrow to notify winners. I can hope, can't I....) I won't claim that Matt's story and my story are better than the two stories that will actually appear in the paper, since I want to at least maintain an air of modesty, but....you know.

No comments: