Sunday, July 27, 2003

Hmmm....it occurs to me that part of my current anxiety may stem not just from my increasing frustration with matters economic, but from the more prosaic fact that I haven't been listening to much music lately.

A lot of my recent writing efforts have taken place not at my regular desk (where I was doing my rough-drafts in longhand, and where I have a nine-year-old Sony Discman that's still going strong), but at the computer, where I don't have a Discman. But the computer does do MP3s...and I did buy, some months ago, an extension cord that would make it easier for me to plug headphones into the computer.

Anyway, right now I have John Barry's score to The Lion In Winter playing on the big stereo while I edit an old essay, and I'm just happy as a rat in liverwurst (to pinch a metaphor from Stephen King).

No comments: