Friday, July 11, 2003

The Department of Weird Convergences filed a small report this morning. Years ago, I worked for Pizza Hut. (Not long enough ago, but....) Anyway, early in my career there, Pizza Hut came up with a commercial where a kid is attending a brand new school on his first day, and he's scared witless. So his mother calls the local Pizza Hut and asks them to deliver him two large pizzas for lunch. Of course, the kid -- who still hasn't made any new friends by lunchtime -- morphs into Mr. Popular once the pizzas arrive, with one cute little girl saying "Hi" to him. The child-actor in the commercial was a red-headed kid with freckles and big ears; he later appeared on the TV show Picket Fences. (I'd look up his name, but I don't care that much.)

So the other night I'm watching TV, and the latest Pizza Hut commercial comes on, with that same kid -- now playing a Delivery Driver.

I guess this means that Wil Wheaton might get to someday play the Captain of the Enterprise-H.

No comments: