Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hey, I'm on Goodreads!

Actually, I've been on Goodreads for quite a while (it says that I signed up in 2007!), but I've never used it. Now I'm making an attempt, after reading someplace that being active on Goodreads is a good idea for writers. I've no idea if that's true, but hey, it can't hurt. So if any of you are on Goodreads, feel free to 'add' me or 'friend' me or whatever it is they call it.

And then...explain the thing to me! I don't quite get it...do I actually write about the books I read over there, or is giving books a star rating all there is? Do other people comment on my star ratings and then we have discussions? I do rather like the notion of a book-based social media site, but if someone could give me the dime tour-and-explanation of the thing, I'd be grateful.

2 comments:

Bonnie McDaniel said...

I write reviews and cross-post them to my blog, Facebook and Google Plus pages. They have an algorithm to recommend other books based on what you've reviewed and read.They also have a yearly Reading Challenge where you can pledge to read a certain number of books each year. I've gotten a few likes on my reviews, but not any comments as of yet.

Roger Owen Green said...

I should actually do it. I've jpined but not participated.