Tuesday, July 28, 2009

That's so wizard, Annie!

Someone at a science fiction convention in Australia caught up with Jake Lloyd, who ten years ago was appearing in theaters everywhere as the future Darth Vader, Anakin Skywalker. Lots of people hated Lloyd in the movie, but I never did; I found him fine for the most part, and only think that he probably would have benefited from a director more gifted than George Lucas in handling children. (I've always believed that if ever Steven Spielberg was to have directed a Star Wars movie, TPM would have been the one.) Anyway, here's Mr. Lloyd now, thinking back:



Interestingly, he seems to have just a tiny little bit of residual bitterness toward the people who made fun of him in school for having been Anakin Skywalker. That look in his eye suggests a potential turning-to-the-Dark-Side to me. Hmmmm...maybe Lucas should have just waited ten years and made Attack of the Clones with Lloyd!

3 comments:

Thee Earl of Obvious said...

Seems so many child actors/stars are irrevocably harmed.

Roger Owen Green said...

And speaking of weird: I can't get to this website from work (IE7). I get some weird "error on line 32" or some such. I can access it from home (Firefox).

Roger Owen Green said...

So I tried to get to your page on IE at home: "Stack overflow at line 54", whatever THAT means. So I can't scroll down the page in IE from either home or work, but I CAN get here via Firefox. Until recently - a week or two ago - I used to access your page at work (I read you at home, but listen to your audios at work - the sound's better.) Most peculiar