Sunday, June 08, 2014

Sunday Stuff That's Weird and Cool

Time for some oddball stuff, eh?

:: Roger e-mailed me the links to these first two items. First, it turns out that this week's surprise re-emergence of Bill Watterson onto the comics page had a charitable side to it. The original Pearls Before Swine strips done by Watterson and Stephan Pastis are being auctioned to raise money for Michael J. Fox's charity, which focuses on research into Parkinson's Disease. The connection here is cartoonist Richard Thompson, whose work on the amazing strip Cul De Sac was brought to an end by Thompson's struggle with that same disease. This story just gets better and better.

:: This is just plain weird: a guy in Australia who takes weird recipes sent to him from all over, prepares them, and sees what's what. In this case, a gonzo variation on Pigs-in-a-Blanket, I suppose. I'm not sure I'm going to try this.

(OK, fine. I'm totally going to try this. But not for a while. I'm going to pretend that I still have standards, once in a while.)

Thanks for the links, Roger!

:: This is a great prank. Kudos to the kids who executed this. I like pranks that are funny and weird, but not hurtful.

More next week!

No comments: