Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Strange quizzes!

Roger has a quiz, and since I haven't done a quiz in a while, here goes!

1. What is the color of your toothbrush?

White with magenta trim. I started using those battery-powered vibrating toothbrushes a while back. I like the tickling.

2. Name one person who made you smile today.

A guy I work with who called me just to speculate on who the Bills' new coach will end up being.

3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?

Either scraping off old caulk on a fixture at The Store or installing a stainless steel splash guard on a hand-wash sink.

4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?

Reading blogs.

5. What is your favorite candy bar?

I couldn't name a favorite if I wanted to. Almond Joy (it would be perfect if they made it with dark chocolate); Skor and Heath; Clark; Reese's Cups; Boyer Peanut Butter Smoothies (oh so heavenly); Baby Ruth; 100 Grand; Oh Henry; and many others.

Bonus Question I Just Made Up: What no-longer-available candy would you bring back?

Marathon Man. Wow, those were something: strands of caramel were literally braided together and covered in chocolate. The thing was 12 inches long, and the wrapper actually indicated this by having a ruler printed on the back. These were around when I was a kid.

6. Have you ever been to a strip club?

Never once, and I have absolutely no desire to attend one, either.

7. What is the last thing you said aloud?

"Get your dessert."

8. What is your favorite ice cream? How to choose?

Ummm...yeah. Like the candy question, all I could do is list a bunch of flavors. I can only recall one ice cream flavor that I didn't like: Turkey Hill (a brand in these parts) makes a "Buttered Popcorn" ice cream. I thought it sounded intriguing. It wasn't.

9. What was the last thing you had to drink?

Water.

10. Do you like your wallet?

I guess so. It gets the job done. My wallet isn't thin, but it's not "George Costanza" thick, either. I refuse to carry it in my back pocket, though. I hate that.

11. What was the last thing you ate?

I had cheese and crackers for dinner tonight.

12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?

No. I desperately need new socks, though. I'll pick some up the day after Thanksgiving.

13. The last sporting event you watched?

In entirety? Browns 6, Bills 3 -- a month ago. We're watching movies instead of the Bills. (This week, I'm thinking Close Encounters sounds good.)

14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?

I like my popcorn marinated in butter, and then dipped in butter prior to and immediately after popping, and if possible, I like each individual kernel to be injected with butter. Oh, and then, pour butter over the whole thing, and wash each mouthful down with a sip of butter. (It's OK. I don't eat popcorn all that often, although all the movie watching lately has my popcorn consumption going up a bit. But still not more than once a week.)

That said, I adore the kettle corn made at the County Fair. Microwave kettle corn is OK, but not the same.

15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?

The wife. I rarely text.

16. Ever go camping?

Not in many years. It's perennially high on the "things we need to do" list.

17. Do you take vitamins daily?

Yes. I have morning and evening vitamins. Some of them could get caught in the gullet of a small horse.

18. Do you go to church every Sunday?

Most of the time, yes. I truly enjoy it and love the people, but I'm still unsold on the ideological aspects. My general view continues to be that every religion has something wise and insightful to say about humanity and its place in the Universe, and that every religion has something deeply bogus to say about humanity and its place in the Universe.

19. Do you have a tan?

It's November in Buffalo. Take a wild guess. (Even though our weather this year has been stunningly mild.)

20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?

Yes. And no. I love both, but I have pizza more often because a large cheese-and-pep is cheaper than Chinese for the family. But if money's not an object, it's whichever one we haven't had in the longer while.

(Wait a minute: how about General Tso's Chicken on a pizza? Holy shit, I'm on to something BIG here!)

21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?

Only if it's in a paper cup from a fast food joint. If it's served in a plastic cup or a glass at a restaurant, I don't use the straw.

22. What did your last text message say?

"Unhelpful wife is unhelpful."

OK, the boring tale: we were at the Central Branch of the Buffalo and Erie County Public Library this past Saturday. That's the main branch, which is in downtown Buffalo. It's a two-story building that takes up an entire city block. A big library. So I went off to look at what I wanted to look at, The Wife went off her way, The Daughter was in the Children's Room, et cetera. After an hour or so I wondered if it was time to start thinking about leaving, so I texted The Wife to asked her, "Where are you?" To which she replied, "Right here." Hence my reply above.

23. What are you doing tomorrow?

Going to work. Oh, specifically at work? I have to blow out the condensers on our self-contained refrigerated cases.

24. Favorite color?

Purple.

25. Look to your left; what do you see?

Books; several stacks of CDs; plush toys of Grumpy from Snow White, Mickey Mouse in his "Sorceror's Apprentice" garb, and Sully from Monsters Inc.

Roger says there might be a part II of this someday....

1 comment:

teflonjedi said...

(Wait a minute: how about General Tso's Chicken on a pizza? Holy shit, I'm on to something BIG here!)

We get that on pizza over here in China. Not bad, actually. I think I had it at our local Pizza Hut.