I got this from Kerry, who dubbed this a "dumbass quiz". Strangely, the word "dumbass" appears nowhere in the quiz. Odd....
1. 3 living things you treasure
The Wife, The Daughter, and as of right now, Abe Vigoda.
2. 3 non-living things that you treasure
My 11-in-1 screwdriver, my laptop, and Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
3. favorite time of the year and why
Fall, because temps become nicely comfortable, the world gets prettier, and the Bills start playing...oh wait, forget that last one.
4. favorite things to wear
This question is too hard to answer.
5. are you a perfume wearer? If yes, which one?
No. Nor do I wear cologne, musk, or any other "manly" scent. Sometimes, though, I smell of sawdust.
6. favorite animal
7. top three events in your life (so far)
Two births and a wedding.
8. top three small pleasures
Coffee, alcohol, pizza.
9. top 3 favorite places in the world you have visited
10. top 3 favorite sounds
Music by Rachmaninov
The ignition of a lightsaber
The sound my circular saw makes when it engages with the wood
11. top 3 favorite things to eat
All things that are good tasting and currently bad for you until someone does a study that indicates that eating it a little bit on a daily basis may be good for you.
12. 3 small ways someone has made your day lately
Direct deposit went in the day before yesterday!
Someone asked me to do something and then decided to do it themselves
Someone showed me how to do something I didn't know how to do before
13. 3 small habits/quirks
I always have to resist the urge to buy more flashlights at Home Depot
I color-sort Skittles before consuming them
Wednesday is Donut Day!
14. describe your life using 6 words maximum
PAST: Probably shouldn't have given up music
PRESENT: Books! Movies! Power and Hand Tools!
FUTURE: Danger! There be dragons.
15. favorite books, films, and music... list 3 in each category:
OK, I'm ducking this one, as this entire blog tends to be about this stuff.
16. name 3 words that you hate, and 3 that you love:
HATE: Copacetic, Libertarian, Didactic
LOVE: Golden, Mist, Fountain
17. what are a few of the goals you have for your future and how do you plan on making them a reality?
Writing a story; I plan to finish a story that's already in progress.
18. what is the best piece of advice you've ever heard?
"Never a day without lines"; "Measure twice and cut once (but don't measure at all if you don't have to)"; "Wear safety glasses when cutting or drilling"; "Use slow speed and a lot of pressure when drilling metal"; "Do or do not"; "It's just one word after another".
19. what is your favorite quote and why?
Can't pick a favorite, but here's one, from Captain Jack Sparrow: "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
20. have any regrets?
A few, but too few to mention...something something, without exemption....