Friday, November 27, 2009

The "Dumbass Quiz"

I got this from Kerry, who dubbed this a "dumbass quiz". Strangely, the word "dumbass" appears nowhere in the quiz. Odd....

1. 3 living things you treasure

The Wife, The Daughter, and as of right now, Abe Vigoda.

2. 3 non-living things that you treasure

My 11-in-1 screwdriver, my laptop, and Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

3. favorite time of the year and why

Fall, because temps become nicely comfortable, the world gets prettier, and the Bills start playing...oh wait, forget that last one.

4. favorite things to wear

This question is too hard to answer.

5. are you a perfume wearer? If yes, which one?

No. Nor do I wear cologne, musk, or any other "manly" scent. Sometimes, though, I smell of sawdust.

6. favorite animal

Killer whales.

7. top three events in your life (so far)

Two births and a wedding.

8. top three small pleasures

Coffee, alcohol, pizza.

9. top 3 favorite places in the world you have visited

Toronto
Boston
Chicago

10. top 3 favorite sounds

Music by Rachmaninov
The ignition of a lightsaber
The sound my circular saw makes when it engages with the wood

11. top 3 favorite things to eat

Pizza
Ice Cream
All things that are good tasting and currently bad for you until someone does a study that indicates that eating it a little bit on a daily basis may be good for you.

12. 3 small ways someone has made your day lately

Direct deposit went in the day before yesterday!
Someone asked me to do something and then decided to do it themselves
Someone showed me how to do something I didn't know how to do before

13. 3 small habits/quirks

I always have to resist the urge to buy more flashlights at Home Depot
I color-sort Skittles before consuming them
Wednesday is Donut Day!

14. describe your life using 6 words maximum

PAST: Probably shouldn't have given up music
PRESENT: Books! Movies! Power and Hand Tools!
FUTURE: Danger! There be dragons.

15. favorite books, films, and music... list 3 in each category:

OK, I'm ducking this one, as this entire blog tends to be about this stuff.

16. name 3 words that you hate, and 3 that you love:

HATE: Copacetic, Libertarian, Didactic

LOVE: Golden, Mist, Fountain

17. what are a few of the goals you have for your future and how do you plan on making them a reality?

Writing a story; I plan to finish a story that's already in progress.

18. what is the best piece of advice you've ever heard?

"Never a day without lines"; "Measure twice and cut once (but don't measure at all if you don't have to)"; "Wear safety glasses when cutting or drilling"; "Use slow speed and a lot of pressure when drilling metal"; "Do or do not"; "It's just one word after another".

19. what is your favorite quote and why?

Can't pick a favorite, but here's one, from Captain Jack Sparrow: "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

20. have any regrets?

A few, but too few to mention...something something, without exemption....

That's it.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I am always wanting to acquire more flashlights...

Kerry said...

Never once have I been linked in the same post with Abe Vigoda.

I give thanks for that.

And my word verification is: undincc